Monday, May 2, 2011

My New Creative Outlet

I've been reading blogs for some time. The topics vary - motherhood/parenting, stay-at-home moms, families with twins (yes, I have twins), crafting, decorating, DIY, organizing, cleaning, food/recipes, you name it!  I've wanted to start my own blog for awhile, but just couldn't decide what kinds of topics I wanted to talk about. Then one day it hit me - organization!  I love organizing, I even read books about it. Go ahead, call me a geek...I call it research. :)  And so, this blog was born. It will allow me to do some things I enjoy - getting a chance to share my organizing efforts with other people, sharing tips, getting feedback, and knowing that there are others out there who have the same struggles as I do!  My goal for now is to post about 3 times a week, possibly more if I have the time & a topic in mind. 

source: storagesracks.com
I'm also realistic. While I would love to have my house in order at all times, with everything in it's place, I understand that I have 3 small children who make that difficult! It's hard enough for me to just stay on top of the basics like dishes & laundry, let alone finding time to tackle special organizing projects. So instead of being stressed out about everything that I want to get done & can't, I've decided to just do my best, working on things when I have the time, sneaking in those extra projects when I can, and always putting my family first.  My mission is organizing...it just sometimes takes a backseat to life, and that's okay.

I'm glad you're here.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Consider me a groupie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I just found your blog and LOVE your attitude! I've been feeling kinda bad that my home isn't more organized, but then I feel bad when I spend too much time trying to get it organized and don't spend time with my two young children. I feel so much better now about doing a little at a time and just putting family first!
    THANK YOU for your wonderful disposition and I look forward to reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete