Thursday, June 2, 2011

Creating a Breakfast Center

In our house, most of our food is stored in our pantry. We also have a "basement pantry", which I'll be doing a post about in the near future. So other than my baking staples, the only cupboard in our kitchen that contains food is this one, which I like to think of as our Breakfast Center:

It's conveniently located directly above our coffee maker (and originally the toaster, but we moved that to be right above the bread drawer) and contains almost everything you might need for breakfast: coffee (obviously), cold cereal, oatmeal, and a variety of toppings for toast.  The second shelf is basically our Beverage Center, with coffee, creamer, hot cocoa, teas, Nesquik, instant juice/lemonade mixes, etc.

This cupboard also houses baby-food-stuffs when we're in the baby phase (which is true right now), simply because they're things we access a lot & it's nice to have them in a handy cupboard. We purposely made the top shelf super short, because we wanted the height for the bottom two shelves, and while it doesn't serve much of a purpose when we don't have a baby in the house, it's pretty much a match made in heaven for baby food jars!

Linking To:

3 comments:

  1. Handy, dandy! I had to do some rearranging with our small appliances/kitchen items, too.

    The toaster was nowhere near the bread drawer, the coffee maker was nowhere near the sink or actual coffee/filters, and my turny spice rack was nowhere near the stove. I was dancing all over the kitchen getting to things. Clearly, I was not thinking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, oh Jess, you make me laugh. I like the mental picture of you dancing around the kitchen to get everything though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great, I did the a similar center for bevarages. I need to have ceral at a lower level for kids to reach. My cabinets are to high for them. So I use the pantry armoire.

    ReplyDelete