Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Quick Tip Tuesday - Do It Now!

Image Source: etc.usf.edu
If you see a simple task around the house that can be completed in less than 2 minutes, just do it! I'll be the first to admit that I can be a procrastinator at times, especially when it comes to mundane or unpleasant things like emptying the dishwasher or taking out the compost. But if you put all of these "little" things off, they only become more daunting!

You'll have to decide for yourself what qualifies as worthy of "doing now".....for me, toys do not (unless I'm tripping over them). I have 3 children under the age of 3, so my floors are usually covered in toys by the end of the day, and if I were constantly picking them up, well...I'd get nothing else done. And my kids would never learn responsibility. So unless something is posing a hazard, like a shopping cart blocking the doorway or Duplos scattered over the main walk-path, I ignore it until the end of the day.

Things that do qualify for me:
-Items that are misplaced, like a hairbrush that's in the living room instead of the bathroom
-A freshly folded basket of clothes could be taken to it's corresponding bedroom
-If the dishwasher is empty, dishes after a meal go right in it instead of sitting on the counter
-If the dishwasher is not empty, empty it!

These are all works in progress for me, because like I said before, I can be procrastinator at times, plus my kids keep me busy. But doing the "little" things makes such a difference, I've definitely noticed that!

No comments:

Post a Comment