Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Summer "Mantel"

Mantels are kind of a big deal in the blogosphere. Bloggers post photos of their mantels, appropriately decorated for the season or holiday. I love looking at mantel pics, but always been jealous because I don't have a mantel!  Then awhile ago, it hit me that I have a small buffet in our dining room (that we don't really use as a buffet, just a decorative storage table)  I always remove it's "regular" decor during the winter & replace it with Christmas/winter-themed stuff...why couldn't I make that my "mantel" and switch stuff out year-round?!

So here's my buffet/mantel, all spiffied up for summer:

(one pic with flash)

(and one without, because I can't decide which looks more 
real-to-life...it's in a difficult corner to photograph!)

FYI: The printable subway art in the frame is from simplecrafter - I used her spring subway art too, and look forward to seeing her fall one!  Fall is my FAVORITE season.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog!! I LOVE all the organizing solutions you have on your blog!! And I love this Summertime printable you used! I'm off to download it right now! Thanks for sharing!! :o) xo, Reannah

    ReplyDelete