Here are the changes I've made since the first post:
1) I painted the interior of the closet a light beige color that we had leftover from other areas in our house. I think colors are super fun in closets, but chose to keep this one neutral for two reasons:
a) this closet is usually wide open and
b) we may someday change color palettes in our bedroom & I probably won't want to repaint the closet!
2) Because the closet is so deep, and therefore dark when you're looking for clothes inside it, we needed to add some lighting! I nabbed an under-cabinet light that we had lying around & screwed it to the inside of the closet's door frame...voila!
3) I made myself a cute jewelry hanger and popped it up on the wall. Details on this little project will be coming on Thursday!
4) Decided to nix the basket of padded hangers that I never use, and replaced one of the others with a matching brown one. I got these 3 as a package anyway, and figured they might as well live in the same location.
5) Hubby suggested we remove the door from the closet, since we keep it wide open 99.9% of the time anyway, and it blocked half of the window. I agreed, and off came the door! On a trial basis, I threw up an extra curtain to see if we want one there....but I'm not completely sold on it. Nobody really ever comes in our room except our kids, so I don't know that we need to "hide" the closet. Plus, it's all cute & organized now...nothing to hide!
The shoe organizer that hung over the door has found a new home in our house...someday you'll get to find out where!
So here's the finished product:
Dark, Smushed, Unfunctional Before vs. Lighted, Functional, Cleaned-up After!
What do you think?