Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Quick Tip Tuesday - DVD Storage

Alphabetizing your DVDs will save you a lot of time when you're looking for a movie to watch. It also gives each movie a "home", instead of just being shoved in to a cabinet (or shelf or basket) and creating movie chaos!

However, I do not alphabetize our kids' movies. They are stored in boxes with labels - one is for Disney & Pixar movies and the other is all the misc. kid movies like Baby Einstein, Veggie Tales, Elmo, Carebears, etc. You could totally alphabetize yours if you want, but we rotate through these often enough that I'm okay with "tossing" them in a box, as long as the box has a general category on it. That & my kids can't read yet anyway - ha!

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU! I have alphabetized my DVDs for years, and I used to get ridiculed for it. People would take giant stacks and mix them up. So mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had many DVD's, I would alphabetize them.

    Since I have maybe 20 DVD's that all sit side by side, they look prettier if I arrange them in order of genre...ranging from Cinderella, A Little Princess...Little Women, Pride & Prejudice...to more dramatic things like A Beautiful Mind, Taken, etc. The colors & themes tend to correlate with the genre. If I feel girly, I know to look left and if I feel deep, inspired, and thoughtful, I look to the right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have a TON of DVDs either, maybe 30-35, plus a bunch of television seasons which I don't alphabetize (though each series does have to be in numerical order!). I say do whatever works for you! I like that you have a "plan". :)

    ReplyDelete