Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Quick Tip Tuesday - Reusing Boxes for Drawer Organization

A great & super cheap (as in, free!) way to organize drawers is to reuse boxes you may have lying around your house. There's no rule that says something has to be "pretty" in order to be organized. Of course, if you want it to be pretty, that's fine too - glue or mod podge some scrapbook paper on the boxes!

Pictured below is the main office supply drawer in our desk. I used old checkbook boxes & boxes that thank-you notes came in - easy peasy! They're a great size, small enough to group "like with like" (one of the main organizing rules) & easily maneuverable so you can find which configuration best fills your drawer.




And...welcome to my sock drawer!  I just have a couple shoe boxes in there, so I can sort between athletic socks, dress/neutral-colored socks, and cute/fun socks.

Just a couple examples!

How have you utilized boxes in drawers in your home? Share some examples!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh thanks for this idea because it honestly never crossed my mind! Here I was looking for all those little drawer baskets at the Dollar Tree and I have plenty of these things lying around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through IHeart Organizing today. Love your hall closet makeover. I too enjoy reusing boxes for organizing drawers...
    Oksana @ Order Matters

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea! Found you over at I {heart} organizing! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was the only person who organized my drawers with checkbook boxes! Aren't they the perfect size???

    ReplyDelete