Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Quick Tip Tuesday - Fridge Shelf Labels

(I forgot yesterday was Tuesday until most of the day was over....oops!)

I've found it to be a bit help to label the shelves in your refrigerator, so that everyone in your family will know generally where certain items should go.  Maybe "fridge chaos" doesn't bother you, but it does bother me. The sour cream doesn't belong with yesterday's leftovers!  At least at my house.  :-)

Here's a glimpse of what I mean:

Of the shelves shown in the picture, the top one has labels for leftovers & eggs (yes, we have a plethora right now!), while the bottom one is for dairy items (margarine, sour cream, yogurt) and includes a basket just for cheeses.  I made the labels with my label-maker, which has handy arrows I could insert to help emphasize the locations.  If you don't have a label-maker, you can totally use some masking tape & a sharpie though. :-)

Now, I don't label the very top or very bottom shelves (not pictured)...because it's fairly obvious that the bottom is large drinks (gallons of milk & pitchers of juice) and the top shelf is short of random....smaller drinks (like cans/bottles), a large jar of applesauce that doesn't fit anywhere else, and whatever else just needs to fit there....miscellaneous.  And of course the crisper drawers are at the bottom, and most fridges come with those labeled already!

Do you label anything in your fridge?

2 comments:

  1. I need to do this. I'm terrible about "finding" things in the fridge after they've been in there way too long. Also, I'm so jealous that you have a label maker. I think I would label everything in our house if I had one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do this too. I hate standing there and not being able to find something, especially since I give myself so little time to get supper on the table. I am thinking that a lot of these little frustrations could be avoided by putting up labels....especially for those things that people use and dont put back in the same spot.

    ReplyDelete